Thomas Carr College is proud of the strong relationships we have developed with our feeder Primary Schools, and we make it our priority to ensure all students have a smooth transition and great experience moving from their Primary School into our College.
The following are some of the key components of our transition program:
- Teaching staff visiting your child and their primary school teacher in their Primary School environment
- Year 7 Orientation Day towards the end of their Year 6 year
- Family information night in October before they start Year 7
- First Day of School & Whole School Opening Mass
- Year 7 Orientation Camp
- Year 7 Parent Social & Information evening
The aim of these activities is to give your child opportunities to become familiar with the College grounds, facilities, staff and new peers who will be starting Year 7 with them. Opportunity for interaction between your child and our teaching staff takes place during the transition visits and this, along with feedback from their teachers, gives our staff information to allow us to allocate them into a class that will give them the best opportunity to succeed.