Instrumental and vocal lessons are part of Music Tuition that is offered to students in Year 7 to 12 as an optional, elective subject and scheduled as part of the student’s weekly class timetable within the College curriculum.
Tuition is available on the following instruments:
- Bass Clarinet
- French Horn
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Guitar
- Electric Guitar
- Voice and Music Theory
Lessons are on a weekly basis and can be taken as shared or individual classes of 30, 45 or 60 minute duration. It is a requirement that as students become more proficient, they are required to participate in various College ensembles.
Parents who want their child/children to participate in these lessons must complete the “Private Music Tuition Enrolment” Form (provided below) and return it to the Head of Music, Mr Morse, by 31 December 2023, to give permission for the student to commence or continue this elective subject in 2023.
If the student does not adhere to the terms and conditions, or music fees are not paid by the due date, lessons may be discontinued at the discretion of the Head of Music.
- As Music Tuition is an optional, elective subject, music fees will be billed as a separate charge to school tuition fees
- Invoices for music fees are issued to each parent responsible for paying school fees, i.e. where there is a split debtor arrangement (e.g. two parents paying 50% each), both parents will be billed music fees on that % basis. If a different arrangement is to apply for music fees, please notify the Business Office on 8734 2427
- Music Fees for each semester will be invoiced in February and July and must be paid within 30 days
- Pro-rata adjustments will be made if a student commences tuition in the middle of a term
- Music fees are non-refundable, except in special circumstances such as extended absence or illness, where written notice is provided to the Head of Music
- Fees are charged for 14 lessons per semester and are based on the recommended VMTA rate per 30-minute lesson
- Music fees are reviewed annually and may increase at the start of each year, in line with changes to the VTMA rate
- Lessons are normally of thirty minutes duration but longer lessons are available for students studying at more advanced levels
Lesson Rates for 2023
|LESSON TYPE||DURATION||SEMESTER FEES|
|Shared – 2 students (recommended for beginners)||30 minutes||$380.00|
|Individual (recommended for students at intermediate level)||30 minutes||$600.00|
|Individual (for senior students at intermediate to advanced)||45 minutes||$850.00|
|Individual (for VCE students at advanced level)||60 minutes||$1000.00|
- Instruments may be borrowed from the school, subject to availability. Pianos, drum kits and electric guitars are not available for loan from the School
- When the instrument is issued to your student, the Music Teacher will give them an “Instrument Use Agreement” to take home. The Agreement must be signed by the parents, to acknowledge that they accept the terms and conditions of the loan and use of the School’s musical instrument
- The completed “Instrument Use Agreement” must be returned to the Music Teacher by the student’s next music lesson; the College retains the right to recall the instrument if this agreement is not signed or returned
- No hire fees apply but full replacement cost will be charged if an instrument is damaged, lost or stolen