Thomas Carr College is a dynamic Catholic learning community, guided by the Gospel. Excellence and opportunities to develop are pursued. Through our hope and service to others we shine our light into the world.
We are committed to:
- Nurturing faith and fostering positive, life-giving relationships with others.
- Providing an engaging and innovative learning environment.
- Developing the capacity for independent thought and informed decision-making.
- Recognising the goodness of all members of the Thomas Carr College community and treating all with respect.
- Equipping all students with knowledge, skills and attributes to take their place optimistically in a globalised world.
College Motto: ‘They Will Shine’
At Thomas Carr College we recognise that the school plays a vital role in advancing democratic ideals and principles. For democracy to continue to thrive, children must be taught democratic ideals and principles and to value its way of life. Thomas Carr College will explicitly and implicitly support and promote the principles of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected government
- the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association
- the values of openness and tolerance.
Through our curricular and extracurricular programs, Thomas Carr College will prepare our children to become citizens who will preserve and shape democracy in the future. Democratic values will be taught explicitly in the curriculum and implicitly in the child’s experience of the school, from classroom practice, and from what is taught to how it is taught.