As the 2022 College Captain, I wanted to share a thought I had when I was asked to summarise Year 12 in one word. That word was ‘ambition’, not chaotic, not hectic, but ambition.
I know, under the chaos that we all went through this year, every Year 12 has an ambition in achieving their goal, it can be small as just getting through each day as, or as big as getting an ATAR of 99+, but we must thrive and triumph over anything that comes in our way (and remember) you, and only you have the potential to achieve anything.
Source: Mrinal Garg (College Captain, 2022)
During the Year 12 Final assembly held on Tuesday 18 October, our College Captains, Mrinal and Anina delivered their farewell speech to the school community. Both reflected on their journey throughout the past six years at the College and acknowledged the support and guidance they received from their teachers and families in forming who they are today.
As our Year 12 students conclude their time at the College and commence their VCE examinations, Mrinal also shared a powerful message about how we all the potential to achieve anything. Drawing inspiration from our 2022 College Captains, I congratulate all our Year 12 students and wish them the very best as they set out to achieve their goals and thrive in all that they do.
Students and families are reminded of the following arrangements for all Year 11 and 12 students studying a VCE Unit 3/4 subject.
- Year 12 students can attend onsite to meet with teachers during their timetabled classes (double periods) for additional support and revision prior to subject-specific VCAA examination(s).
- Year 12 students coming onsite must sign in and be wearing the correct school uniform.
- Year 11 students undertaking a VCE Unit 3/4 subject will continue to attend the ‘double periods’ for these classes as per their timetable. For ‘single periods’, students will attend Study Hall for supervised study and revision.
- Year 11 students undertaking a VCE Unit 3/4 subject are not required to attend classes on the day before and on the day of their subject examination.
If you have any questions relating to the arrangements for VCE examinations, please contact Ms. Daniela Bombardieri-Szabo (Head of Learning and Teaching – Senior School).
For questions relating to VET classes and the arrangements for VCAL students, please contact Mr. Casey Backhouse (Applied Learning & Vocational Training Leader).
– Andrew Bryson: Deputy Principal – Staff and Learning Operations