Congratulations to the Australian Catholic’s 2022 Young Voices Awards winners, in conjunction with Australian Catholic University. Students from Years 7 and 8 submitted entries as part of their Assessment Task in Religious Education in the Lenten Term. Winning entries shall be published in the spring edition of the Australian Catholics magazine and the Australian Catholics magazine website.
Through this project, students have not only showcased their passion for relevant social and environmental issues, but also have shown creative minds and talents as evident in their articles, photos, and digital entries.
Congratulations to all their Religious Education Teachers who have allotted a great deal of time and effort into all of the entries, especially the teachers of the winning and commended entries – Ms Pitpit, Mrs Dagmang, and Ms Taylor.
We are proud of the students’ achievements!
- Shaun D’Almeida (8 White)
- Amana Addis (8 Coral)
- William Horvatic (8 White)
- Alana Di Sipio (8 Blue)
- Carlene Lieustanto (8 Blue)
- Elisha Portelli (8 Purple)
- Erin Agatep (7Jade) – ‘Not So Pretty Poverty’
- Ayden Barlow (7Red) – ‘Let’s help the homeless!’
- Trisha Desai (7Coral) – ‘Hope is Never Gone, It’s just Lost’
- Erin Ferran (7 Coral) – ‘When God Talks’
- Catherine Jolly (8 Gold) – ‘Our Diversity is Our Strength’
- Emmanuel Siro (7 Jade) – ‘There Are No Winners’
Intermediate Digital Entry
- Theodore Mathews (8 White) – Podcast – ‘Navigating through the Lockdown’
Please see Shaun D’Almeida’s winning photographs below