We understand the challenges involved for students, parents and the community during any form of transition. How we prepare for and manage these transitions will influence a positive and successful experience.
We believe a successful transition can be defined by a number of key features
- Developing new friendships and improving self esteem and confidences
- Settling well into new school life
- Showing an interest in school and school work
- Getting used to new routines and school organisation
- Experiencing curriculum continuity
When a student enters Year 7, to us it means welcoming them and their family into a community for the next six years of their lives. We make a great effort to ensure that our new students' transition is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
At Thomas Carr College, we see our role as providing an enthusiastic and innovative learning environment, to empower our young people to reach their individual potential. In all that we undertake, we strive to instill in each student an enduring strength and optimism for their future, through membership of our community.